Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
The Hardware Technical Program Management team is responsible for managing the autonomous hardware program at Argo. Technical Program Managers are responsible for using the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities ranging from design to validation to build. Technical Program Managers are also responsible for managing the team’s scope, schedule, and budget. Argo hires Technical Program Managers with strong engineering skills so we can empower Technical Program Managers to influence major engineering decisions. Technical Program Managers also manage program risk, communication, and documentation. Technical Program Managers work with a variety of internal staff and external partners to deliver safe, scalable hardware systems. This role combines some of the responsibilities of a Technical Program Manager with some of the responsibilities of a Systems Engineer and Product Engineer. We look for engineers who can tackle a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that Argo delivers safe, functional, reliable, and efficient hardware systems.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for coordinating both internal and external design activities for a given module. This would include delivering the scope, plans, timing, communications, and risk mitigation to get high quality products built
- Help to develop the requirements, architecture, simulation, design, prototyping, test, integration, and delivery of hardware systems
- Work in tight conjunction with Technical Program Managers, contract engineering partners, contract manufacturing partners, Product Design Engineers, System Engineers, and others
- Opportunities include work on sensors, computers, positioning, vehicle integration, and more
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Strong technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Help provide hands on program management during various phases of development
- Help drive process improvements across multiple areas and teams
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
- Has shown ability to own projects to successful completion and working in a fast paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup