Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
What you'll do:
- Argo’s Hardware Special Projects Team is focused on advanced research and development to keep Argo at the forefront of the autonomous vehicle industry
- The team focuses on solving the fundamental challenges of autonomous vehicle development by finding innovative ideas and technologies in their nascent stages and qualifying their potential against high impact goals
- The group also assists in strategic decision-making by providing insights and technical assessments of emerging companies in computing and sensing systems
- Finally the team is able to support critical efforts across multi-disciplinary groups when the need arises
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Experience building simulations and conducting testing for industry or research
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Generalist engineer comfortable with projects spanning a wide spectrum of specialties, including mechanical engineer, electrical engineer and computer and software engineer from embedded to high level algorithms
- Strong fundamentals, understanding and experience with Robotics Systems including machine vision, unmanned systems and self-driving vehicles
- Mechanical engineering fundamentals including MCAD (Solidworks/Catia) and simulation
- Electrical engineering fundamentals including ECAD (Altium Designer), schematic and layout
- Strong programming and coding fundamentals in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with data processing and analysis using high level tools (Matlab) and software frameworks
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup