Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
What you’ll do:
- Develop analog, mixed signal technologies, and high-speed digital electronic circuits for automotive LiDAR
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, circuit analysis, and simulation of designs
- Work with component manufacturers and vendors on new and existing technology for integration into designs
- Work with PCB designers to meet performance, mechanical, thermal and reliability requirements
- Test and characterize prototype assemblies for designed functionality and performance
- Support system integration and testing
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- PCB schematic and layout design skills, including mixed signal and high-speed design. Preference for candidates with working experience in the Altium Designer toolset
- Working knowledge of standard bench equipment; oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with digital communication protocols
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation
- Experience with electromechanical components or sensors
- Prefer experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of systems
- Prefer experience with design-in of FPGAs, microprocessors, or other complex digital ICs
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup
*We are accepting applications submitted by December 31, 2019*