Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Localization is a core technical problem for L4 self-driving vehicles. Self-driving cars need to use prior maps to make better online decisions, but those maps are only useful if the vehicle knows its position within them to high precision and with very high reliability. It must meet real time constraints, and never report positions falsely with confidence. In short, localization is a significant challenge, and a key part of the Argo approach to autonomy.
The role of the Software Engineer II is to architect and implement cutting edge algorithms and software for autonomous vehicle sensors, including cameras and LiDAR This position is responsible for ensuring that the software accurately calibrates the sensors, developing user friendly tools for calibration, and performing data analysis to track sensor calibration over time.
What you'll do:
- Develop computer vision software using image processing, 3d geometry, and numerical optimization in C++
- Develop algorithms for localization and mapping using multiple sensory inputs such as camera and LiDAR
- Quickly implement, evaluate and test various algorithmic solutions to solve localization and mapping problems
- Enhance existing interface design and code architecture implemented in C++
- Create visualization tools in C++ and Python to help evaluate and verify algorithm solutions.
What we're looking for:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with two (2) years of experience in a related occupation
- Previous experience must have included:
- Developing production software in C++
- Implementing and testing code for robotics
- Computer vision algorithms and visual/LiDAR/inertial SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping)
- Linear algebra and multi-view geometry
- Software system architecture design
- OpenCV and Ceres Solver
- Linux environments
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup