Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo AI Motion Planning team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. The purpose of the Software Engineer II role is to take the perception, prediction and mapping inputs and combine them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, and other actions.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for developing autonomous vehicle (AV) systems software that brings all autonomy inputs together by taking the perception, prediction and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This software will impact critical AV functions such as route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, and other actions
- Work with the Motion Planning team and cross-functional teams to design algorithms for use on the AV
- Develop algorithms throughout the AV software stack, ranging from algorithms for route planning, trajectory optimization, and decision making, to algorithms related to ride comfort
- Test the developed algorithms and code that will run on the AV, including unit testing, simulation testing, regression testing, and track testing
- Debug algorithms and code that is running on the vehicle to determine root cause of problems, including simulation analysis, log playback, cloud simulation and on-vehicle debugging
- Collaborate with the Prediction team to ensure Motion Planning inputs align with Motion Planning needs
- Collaborate with the Motion Control team to ensure APIs between Control and Planning team are properly defined, and provide the appropriate information
- Collaborate with the simulation teams to ensure simulation meets the needs of the Motion Planning team
What we're looking for:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with two (2) years of experience in a related occupation
- Previous work experience or academic coursework must have included experience with: C++ and Python
- Building multi-agent simulation environments for real platforms
- Software testing, validation, and quality control procedures
- Software diagnosis, debugging, and profiling using standard tools such as gdb, valgrind, Intel VTune, or operf
- Building sensor hardware simulations of AV sensing components; and autonomous vehicle simulation concepts
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup