Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
This position reports to the headquarters IT Operations Manager and will work alongside leadership in our IT ArchEng, IT Operations, and Cybersecurity teams.
Partnering with the business, this role is responsible for the day-to-day activities and operational excellence of the IT Operations Team at our growing Palo Alto office, driving on-time, on-quality, on-budget delivery of IT projects and services while ensuring security, functionality, connectivity, compatibility, scalability, and best practices are at the forefront of any decision and design.
What you’ll do:
- This position involves considerable project/operations planning, coordination and execution across multiple, fast-paced IT/Business teams
- Business/IT alignment will be an imperative to foster/grow strategic partnerships throughout the organization
- Leveraging tools and systems used for performance and statistical monitoring, collect facts/data to maintain proactive operational continuity, reporting/dashboards, forecasting and driving continuous system and process optimization
- Will mature/create applicable IT policies
- Manages vendor relationships, outside service suppliers and departmental budget
- Prepare, update, maintain and test Disaster Recovery Plans and general system documentation
- Oversee the evaluation and administration of IT audits and compliance
- Manage software licensing and compliance
- Manage local IT staff by recruiting, training, mentoring, coaching, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance
What we’re looking for:
- Applicant must be highly motivated and self-directed with necessary skills that include the ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management, heavily customer service oriented, sound and accurate judgment, analytical and problem solving skills, excellent planning and organizing skills, comfortability in challenging group-think and ability to communicate complex technical terms and concepts in a way that customers and colleagues will easily understand
- Must be able to motivate/align the team through mentoring, coaching and while distilling the vision and direction of the organization as a whole down to the team (translating strategy to tactics)
- Demonstrated abilities in successfully leading and managing both:
- Hardware: desktops, laptops, physical/virtual servers, data center
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Collaboration: Zoom, Slack, Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Service Desk / Customer Support
- Orchestration frameworks like Chef, Puppet, saltstack, etc.
- Understanding and experience with hybrid cloud environments
- Multidisciplinary teams of engineers and technicians
- Overall governance, operations, planning, scaling, maintenance, services and support of multiple information and communication systems
- Strong experience in working effectively and directly with all levels of an organization, including executives and non-technical audiences
- Exposure and understanding of development tools is a plus, including Github, Docker, Travis, Jenkins
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent degree or experience
- Can be overlooked through demonstrated, consistent operations/program/project delivery
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience Project Management experience
- PMP, ITIL Certifications are a plus
- Occasional domestic and international travel will be necessary
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup