Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. Vehicle Operations’ essential function at Argo is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Vehicle Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
What you’ll do:
- The Dearborn/Detroit Operations Manager will be instrumental in ensuring Argo Dearborn/Detroit Fleet Operations are running effectively and coincide with all Argo AI Vehicle Operations locations
- The Operations Manager will manage a large fleet operations team responsible for executing the test and road operations program of our autonomous system research efforts
- Act as a main point of contact to highlight system and vehicle performance with our software and hardware engineering teams and service technicians to improve our autonomous system
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy, diverse work culture and environment with a strong focus on safety by administering daily briefings, performing continuing education classes, administering performance reviews and leading by example
- Will be responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to shape the department efforts
- Create, manage and track aggressive department objectives to challenge the team and drive key results supporting the organization’s mission
- Facilitate data management process including fleet and test operations log ingest, triage analysis and new release software pushes
- Communicates needs of department at the leadership level to illustrate areas of need and accomplishment
What we’re looking for:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Autonomous Vehicle Operations and Support experience
- Prior management experience
- Detail oriented/good organizational skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup