Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI Cloud Platform engineers create reusable architecture patterns for cloud engineering via infrastructure as code for Argo teams to leverage as common shared components and educate Argo teams on how to architect their solutions for scale, security, and reviewed changes through automation. The Cloud Platform team interacts with engineering teams spanning from remote vehicle operations, ingest/data processing, mapping, labeling, triage, machine learning (detection, prediction, tracking), motion planning/control, offline simulation, and release/deployment teams to unify development practices and scalable efficiency of cloud/cloud native technologies
Engineers in the Cloud Platform team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement scalable distributed systems in the cloud to facilitate the development of self-driving vehicles
- Contribute to self-driving vehicle log ingest/processing, simulation, and related applications to enable fully autonomous vehicles
- Take ownership of end-to-end processes and infrastructure automation for Argo engineering teams to deploy services into the cloud and establish/advocate shared engineering patterns
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Hands on development in Python, Go, or Java to create production level services that incorporate CI/CD
- Experience in using infrastructure as code to automate the creation of cloud resources. E.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, or others
- Strong experience with architecting/deploying scalable services and workloads in the cloud (AWS, GCP) and/or cloud native environments
- Strong experience with deployment management/scheduling/high availability/failure modes for distributed applications and compute workloads running on CPUs, GPUs, and/or TPUs
- Understand engineering design limitations and provide guidance for teams to scale their deployments in the cloud so that they can achieve desired performance within budget
- Experience creating reusable deployment patterns for teams to adopt, that incorporate networking, security, monitoring, logging, alerting, continuous integration and deployments
- Understanding of API specification languages (e.g. Open API 2.0/gRPC) and the ability to create reusable code via code generation, templates, and other rapid development techniques for teams to consume
- Leverage and modify open source tools to meet unique requirements for internal teams, including but not limited to Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Itsio, Envoy, CoreDNS, etcd, Flux, among others
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup