Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
This role will report to the State and Local Affairs Lead, helping Argo establish and expand relationships with policymakers and other relevant stakeholders in the domestic markets where Argo tests, along with developing relationships in future markets. The Government Relations and Public Policy group is in the process of growing, so this position will develop over time.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Lead and the Argo team to execute a state and local regulatory and policy strategy for Argo’s business that includes design and development of a scalable self-driving system, partnerships with OEMs, testing the self-driving system on public roads in the U.S., and delivery of services using a self-driving vehicle
- Work with the Lead and the Argo team, along with state and local policymakers, to develop and interpret laws and regulations applicable to Argo’s business
- Understand the business and cultivate close working relationship within the Argo team and with our external partners, including the development of coalitions, associations, and other groups supportive of Argo’s strategic priorities
- In coordination with the Lead, advise the business and product teams on policy implications during strategy meetings and the product development and launch process
- Engage directly with state and local policymakers, key opinion formers, and competitors (as appropriate) to shape public and political dialogue and help form a positive policy environment. This also includes monitoring and researching current and relevant emerging public policy issues and key thought leaders
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with key state and local stakeholders, influencers, and policymakers in the markets in which Argo operates
- Advocate for Argo’s positions and use relationships and expertise to help craft new/different policies at the state and local levels to help create a level playing field in the industry
- This position will require travel and the ability to adapt to last-minute changes in plans
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with government, automotive and technology industry companies or associations, or related stakeholder groups
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Experience with transportation regulatory environment and relationships with key government stakeholders, particularly at the state and local levels
- Excellent personal skills and ability to work constructively in a collaborative, fast-paced business environment
- Excellent analytical and verbal and written communication skills
- Independently motivated and able to be managed remotely
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup