Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo Lidar team is developing Geiger-mode Lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and higher performing autonomous systems.
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars.
What you’ll do:
- Define and document systems architecture, requirements, use case analysis, and tests for Lidar features and technologies
- Defining subsystem and system level tests to characterize and/or ensure Lidar meets performance targets
- Develop automation for repetitive test measurements
- Work cross functionally to establish best practices for the systems engineering team
- Work with executives and engineering leadership to drive key engineering decisions
- Manage project deliverables and schedules to meet commitments to product development teams
- Lead the strategy and execution for a collection of mission critical engineering activities
- Help define the future roadmap for Lidar at Argo
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience working with cross functional teams to develop complex electromechanical systems
- A hyper-organized mindset and an ability to cover highly complex interdependent development programs
- Strong experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- A proven record of success providing leadership to drive system and component level engineering decisions
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Hands on design experience in multiple engineering domains such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, semiconductor engineering, systems engineering, and / or manufacturing engineering
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential
- Prior experience with designing systems for volume production
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup