Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The CAD Systems Administrator will be in a technical, hands-on position, responsible for implementation, administration and support of Argo AI’s Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and other software applications used by the Hardware engineering organization. You will serve as the primary contact for our Hardware engineering organization and external partners/suppliers for strategic sourcing of EDA, CAD, simulation and software applications. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: license management, requirements management, CAD functionality, software applications configuration and implementation, software troubleshooting, technical support to system end‐users, end‐user training. You will also build consensus across internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the hardware engineering organization in implementing and executing an engineering software applications roadmap.
- Provide technical user support and troubleshoot issues related to CAD, EDA, PDM, PLM applications and resolve system problems. Work proactively to identify potential issues and implement preventative solutions.
- Manage user access / security including reviewing license usage and needs to support all users.
- Lead the quarterly engineering tools forecasting and budgeting process for the hardware engineering organization.
- Align EDA supplier relationships to drive technology improvements to meet Argo AI’s needs.
- Collaborate with Engineering, IT, Cybersecurity, Finance, Purchasing, and Legal to derive the best value for products from EDA suppliers to achieve cost, quality, and time efficiencies.
- Lead cross-functional, cross-organizational organizations through the sourcing, delivery, and support phases across multiple programs.
- Maintain and update documentation related to CAD systems and procedures.
- Coordinate monthly in-house user group meetings, arrange user training when needed and assist with documentation and guidelines.
- Plan and define processes and procedures for the administration, maintenance and improvement to the engineering tools suite in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for daily and long-term project management tasks.
- Participate in early planning of new projects as well as resourcing and scheduling.
- Assist with the development of and ownership for tracking new project schedules and metrics.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Exposure to dealing with PCB design design/layout tools, Mechanical CAD tools.
- Experience with provisioning of licenses, on-boarding new users, maintenance, license forecasting and budgeting.
- Experience deploying and managing product lifecycle management, product data management, requirements management.
- Experience producing documentation and training resources.
- Detail oriented and analytical mindset to develop robust, simple, flexible, and intuitive tools for managing engineering development.
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company.
- We operate as one team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential.
- Prefer candidates with experience in developing engineering processes for both prototype environments and large scale production.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.