Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable; and accessible for all.
The Hardware EDA/CAD Tools Support Technical Program Manager will be in a technical, hands-on position, responsible for implementation, administration and support of Argo AI’s EDA Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and software tools used by the Hardware Engineering team. You will serve as the primary contact for our internal Hardware Engineering team and external partners/suppliers for strategic sourcing of EDA CAD and software tools. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: product data management; requirements management; license management; CAD functionality; data accuracy of CAD System databases; software applications configuration and implementation; software troubleshooting; technical support to system end‐users; end‐user training. You will build consensus across internal and external stakeholders and will manage the relationship across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the hardware engineering team in implementing and executing an engineering tools roadmap.
- Align EDA supplier relationships to drive technology improvements to meet Argo AI’s demanding needs.
- Collaborate with Engineering, IT, Cybersecurity, Finance, Purchasing, and Legal to synthesize technical, commercial, financial, and industry/market inputs into a cohesive business strategy.
- Lead cross-functional, cross-organizational teams through the sourcing, delivery, and support phases across multiple programs.
- Derive the best value for products from EDA suppliers to achieve cost, quality, and time efficiencies.
- Plan and define process and procedures for the administration, maintenance and improvement to the engineering tools suite in collaboration with internal stakeholders. .
- Lead the quarterly engineering tools forecasting and budgeting process for the hardware engineering team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems. Work proactively to identify potential issues and implement preventative solutions.
- Responsible for daily and long-term project management tasks.
- Participate in early planning of new projects as well as resourcing and scheduling.
- Assist with the development of and ownership for tracking new project schedules and metrics.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience working with software tools such as Jama, Altium, Solidworks, Catia, 3DXperience, Ansys, Arena, etc.
- Strong Experience with provisioning of licenses, on-boarding new users, maintenance, license forecasting and budgeting
- Experience deploying and managing product lifecycle management, product data management, requirements management, and change control board
- Strong understanding of workflows related to electrical or mechanical design, supply chain, inventory tracking, and maintenance.
- Good experience producing training resources
- Experience reviewing design documentation such as 2D drawings, PCB build packages, and other part specification data
- Detail oriented and analytical mindset to develop robust, simple, flexible, and intuitive tools for managing engineering development
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- A record of successful, independent program management ownership and working in a fast paced environment
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential.
- Prefer candidates with experience in developing engineering processes for both prototype environments and large scale production
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup