Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are looking for an individual to put together the comprehensive verification and validation plan for Argo’s self-driving system and primary functional subsystems. A major portion of this effort will include working closely with the road/track test and simulation teams to develop a process and plan to comprehensively verify the set of functional requirements at the vehicle and subsystem levels. Further, this individual will also play a key role in identifying gaps in the requirements surfaced through validation testing and simulation.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators with sufficient technical depth to work cross functionally with systems, software, hardware and test teams to develop the overall framework that can be executed within reasonable time and resource constraints to demonstrate sufficient verification coverage of functional system requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Work jointly with the testing and simulation teams to formulate a plan that ensures verification coverage for the high level functional requirements of the self-driving system
- Work with requirement owners to ensure that all requirements are verifiable and are linked to test cases with well defined pass/fail criteria
- Coordinate with the broader system teams (functional safety, platform, etc.) to look for potential coverage gaps and develop mitigations where gaps exist
- Interface with vehicle OEM partners to ensure that the verification plan meets product, regulatory and business needs
- Work closely with internal engineering teams (HW, SW, sensors, etc.) to formulate strategies that are compatible with the product development and feature rollout schedule
- Ensure that data collected during public road testing provides validation feedback on the completeness and correctness of requirements
- Establish best practices to publish status and progress towards verification and validation of requirements throughout the product development lifecycle
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure that system and subsystem verification plans are coherent and in sync
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing, testing or validating high-performance complex systems, preferably those that include safety critical hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Ability to think and operate in the abstract functional domain for system requirements as well as V&V
- Ability to easily communicate V&V approach considerations and decision points to the broader engineering team
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (Jama, DOORS) along with the ability to script and automate querying and reporting on large amounts of data
- Ability to put together comprehensive test reporting and report out to the broader organization
- Experience with modern test planning and reporting tools such as Jira or Polarion
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup