Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable, and accessible for all.
The Hardware Engineering Compute team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across Argo and our supply base. Hardware Engineers design, implement, and test the hardware which execute Argo’s autonomy software, working closely with Argo’s software and operations teams.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the technical cross functional teams to identify and develop system level test cases for testing all aspects of the product such as system integration, system level functional, system level performance, and system level regression test
- Develop system level test cases, hold reviews, tracks test status/coverage, and prioritize tests as appropriate
- As the Hardware System Test Architect, collaborate with the QA team for platform level validation
- Depending on the FW/OS release change list, identify the Hardware system level test cases for regression testing
- Manage the timely development, review, change and approval of the test specs & reports
- Collaborate with partners, suppliers, and customers to be sure the module system level testing plans & results meet system level design targets
- Identify any HW/SW test equipment required for system level testing
- Support existing production products as required
- Occasional travel to remote offices and partners
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Must have hardware experience in testing complex resilient systems with successful release to production. Systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, servers, networking/communication, or similar industries
- Must have hardware experience in system test architecture definition.
- System level test definition and testing experience with x86/AMD processor, storage and networking products
- System level test experience with the automotive microcontrollers is a plus but not necessary
- Experience in test plan creation and testing of high available resilient redundant systems
- Experience in release to production of complex products
- Familiarity with standard interfaces KR, SGMII, SSD, PCIe, DDR, USB, I2C/SMBus, PMBus, SPI Bus, CAN bus
- Familiarity with FPGA testing is a plus
- Familiarity with operating systems, including OS and associated tools for debugging, and testing complex systems (Linux, including Ubuntu/Yocto/OpenEmbedded; QNX or similar RTOS)
- Good debugging skills and problem solving
- Good communication skills with cross functional teams, partners, & suppliers
- Self starter, positive attitude, detail oriented, organized, and responsible
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup