Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Precise calibration is a core technical problem for self-driving vehicles, one that affects every part of the autonomy stack. Scaling calibration to fleet operations and managing the calibrations across vehicles and time is essential to ensuring that a large fleet is provided with the most up-to-date and accurate calibrations of its sensors. Calibration includes not only traditional intrinsic and extrinsic calibration of a broad suite of sensors, but also thermal calibration, as a fleet must operate in a wide range of environmental conditions.
To achieve this vision, we are looking for hands-on candidates who demonstrate both focused leadership, detailed planning, and technical expertise. This person should interface effectively with both the calibration engineering and vehicle operations teams. The ideal candidate skill-set includes:
What you’ll do:
- Test and validation of new features and functionality of calibration software and tooling
- Calibration chamber design, setup, and maintenance
- Manage calibration operations across the fleet and across time
- Interface with the calibration engineering team to develop calibration procedures
- Guide the operations team to efficiently carry out and maintain calibrations
- Maintain a database of calibrations
- Generate Reporting and Metrics of Fleet Calibration Health
- Daily drive off regression data analysis
What we’re looking for:
- Graduate degree in engineering, business, management or a relevant field and/or on equivalent industry experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Emphasis on precision and validation
- Experience guiding calibration testing and operations
- The ability to work across teams without explicitly leading a team
- Strong applied knowledge of relevant subsets of calibration methodologies
- Strong desire for candidates with hands-on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems and systems at scale
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup