Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data. At Argo AI we have a fleet of cars drive on city streets and record everything the car does into vehicle logs. The Data Core team owns the first two stages of processing these logs; ingests the logs from the cars to the cloud, and process the logs in the cloud. The infrastructure built by this team processes terabytes of logs using latest technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Data Core team to build Argo’s scalable on premise as well as cloud based vehicle logs ingest and processing systems
- Be a key contributor to the teams code base
- Own the teams architecture and be responsible for its implementation
- Develop proof of concepts and Architecture Designs
- Establish engineering best practices, and participate in code/architecture reviews
- Work closely with vehicle operation, autonomy integration, and development teams to identify key features to improve overall delivery of critical features to the AV
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience leading a team of experienced software engineers
- Experience with scaling cloud and on premise systems
- Experience building highly available systems
- Experience with front-end, back-end, services and big data technologies
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
- Broad software development and architectural skills
- Expert level knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, and similar products
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup