Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Embedded Platform team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating embedded computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across Argo and our supply base. Verification Engineers design and implement frameworks to test logic designs used in Argo’s autonomy system, working closely with Argo’s software and hardware teams.
What you’ll do:
- Develop state-of-the-art verification solutions for Argo’s embedded systems
- Develop verification strategies for image processing and DSP FPGA designs
- Collaborate with Algorithm, Hardware and Software teams to define and implement high-performance verification/validation frameworks
- Work with the FPGA engineering team to debug designs
- Generate code and functional coverage reports
- Execute verification and validation activities to support production automotive environments
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong experience with QuestaSim in verification of FPGA/ASIC designs
- Strong experience with SystemVerilog for verification (experience with UVM preferred)
- Strong Python programming experience
- Experience implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration systems for FPGA designs
- Experience with High Level Synthesis (HLS) tools
- Experience with Image processing or DSP applications verification preferred
- Experience with hardware debugging tools and methods
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado tools for design, implementation and hardware debug (ILA)
- Basic understanding of FPGA system architecture and design
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience with systems requiring high levels of reliability and functional safety (ISO26262)
- Experience with hardware components for robotics / automotive systems including sensing, signal processing, and communication protocols
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
Additional Requirements: Possible occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup