Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Embedded Platform team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. As a Software Engineer for Tools and Infrastructure on the Embedded Platform team, you will work with cross functional teams to develop and maintain the software that enables fast and efficient development of our embedded systems. We’re looking for someone who has deep experience in architecting build and test frameworks in a variety of software environments and who can extend their knowledge to the field of embedded systems.
What you’ll do:
- Work on cars, in the cloud, and everything in between
- Architect and develop systems for building and deploying software targeting a variety of embedded devices
- Develop test and integration tools and infrastructure to support a variety of simulation and hardware-in-loop environments
- Develop Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating our embedded system development, including test and verification of safety-critical systems
- Drive the application of best practices to ensure code testability and health while increasing engineering throughput
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong Python & C/C++ programming skills
- A deep understanding of software systems fundamentals
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration
- Experience with Hardware-in-Loop systems
- Experience with or exposure to software development for embedded devices, including MCUs and FPGAs
- Prefer experience with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, and/or safety critical system design best practices
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup