Please Note: This position is based in one of our office locations, it is not a remote position.
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Remote Guidance team is responsible for building the platform that will enable the humans to monitor and provide remote guidance across the Argo fleet as vehicles encounter unfamiliar edge cases (unexpected construction zones, accident ahead etc). The system will scale to support development of Argo’s autonomous driving technology and Ford’s autonomous driving fleet from 2021. This is critical infrastructure needed to permit the deployment of true “no drivers in the the car” fleets of autonomous vehicles safely in a dynamic real-world environment. Engineers in the Remote Operations team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and deliver Remote Guidance capabilities that will be used to support the operational fleet
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Remote Guidance team and other related teams
- Develop the C++ communication components necessary to support Remote Guidance, on the autonomous vehicle and in the Remote Guidance operations centers
- Develop the C++ visualization framework and tooling to deliver the client that Remote Guidance operators will interact with
- Hands on development in C++17
- Collaborate with backend service developers, both on the Remote Guidance team and within the wider Offboard cloud development org
- Work closely with vehicle operations and autonomy integrations teams on developing, releasing and improving Remote Guidance capabilities
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Strong software skills in C++ are required. A willingness to gain expertise in some python is also required
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base
- Qt experience is desired, or strong software engineers familiar with similar toolkits and a willingness to learn Qt
- Strong presentation and communication skills
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup