Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Localization is a core technical problem for L4 self-driving vehicles. Self-driving cars need to use prior maps to make better online decisions, but those maps are only useful if the vehicle knows its position within them to high precision and with very high reliability. It must meet real time constraints, and never report positions falsely with confidence. In short, localization is a significant challenge, and a key part of the Argo approach to autonomy. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software. So this position is as much a software challenge as it is a core algorithm challenge.
We are seeking hands on candidates who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in visual localization algorithms including geometric computer vision, visual-inertial odometry, and visual SLAM. Prior experience in self-driving or robotics applications is not required. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Develop algorithms for visual localization running real time on autonomous vehicles
- Design and develop visual SLAM software running offline to create prior maps for visual localization
- Design and develop data mining and analysis tools to evaluate visual localization performance
- Work on learning-based approaches to improve our visual localization and mapping system
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in C++ coding, and a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in Modern C++
- Applied skills in all areas of computer vision and SLAM applicable to autonomous driving
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, multi-view geometry, optimization and filtering methods for pose estimation
- Preference for candidates with prior experience in visual/LiDAR/inertial sensor fusion
- Preference for candidates with hands on experience in real products development and working with complex systems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup