Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Localization is a core technical problem for L4 self-driving vehicles. Self-driving cars need to use prior maps to make better online decisions, but those maps are only useful if the vehicle knows its position within them to high precision and with very high reliability. It must meet real time constraints, and never report positions falsely with confidence. In short, localization is a significant challenge, and a key part of the Argo approach to autonomy. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software. So this position is as much a software challenge as it is a core algorithm challenge.
We are seeking hands on candidates who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in visual localization algorithms including geometric computer vision, visual-inertial odometry, and visual SLAM. Prior experience in self-driving or robotics applications is not required. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Develop algorithms for visual localization running real time on autonomous vehicles
- Design and develop visual SLAM software running offline to create prior maps for visual localization
- Design and develop data mining and analysis tools to evaluate visual localization performance
- Work on learning-based approaches to improve our visual localization and mapping system
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in C++ coding, and a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in Modern C++
- Applied skills in all areas of computer vision and SLAM applicable to autonomous driving
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, multi-view geometry, optimization and filtering methods for pose estimation
- Preference for candidates with prior experience in visual/LiDAR/inertial sensor fusion
- Preference for candidates with hands on experience in real products development and working with complex systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.