Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The FPGA Firmware Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Firmware Engineers work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements, architectures, and logic for FPGAs in our embedded systems. As the lead for FPGA Firmware Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring the team as well as providing technical leadership in the architecture and design of programmable logic for FPGAs in our embedded platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver safety critical programmable logic designs for FPGAs in a robotics and automotive environment
- Design firmware architectures and guide implementations for embedded systems
- Drive the execution of FPGA design, implementation, and testing for applications including sensor processing, sensor control, and system diagnostics and monitoring
- Work with hardware and software engineers across Argo AI to integrate FPGA designs into our autonomy and sensor products
- Responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, team status reporting etc
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing a team of engineers to design programmable logic solutions
- Significant product design experience with full FPGA lifecycles
- Strong experience with HDL (SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL)
- Strong experience with FPGA design and verification flows
- Experience with High Level Synthesis (HLS) tools
- Experience with verification tools (QuestaSim)
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience with systems requiring high levels of reliability and functional safety (ISO26262)
- Experience with hardware components for robotics / automotive systems including sensing, signal processing, and communication protocols
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup