Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are seeking hands-on candidates who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in either point cloud processing, geometric computer vision or scene reconstruction to support building the maps for Argo’s self-driving cars. Since the maps by nature support many modules in the system, successful candidates are also expected to get acquainted with how the maps are consumed by the others and help make improvements in a variety of places (therefore special projects). Prior experience in self-driving or robotics applications is not required. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and validate algorithms to support robust and scalable mapping pipelines for Argo’s self-driving cars. In addition, you will also design and implement necessary metrics and tools
- Collaborate with engineers across teams to improve the maps. It requires not only how to build good maps, but also how the maps are consumed by different modules, so that sensible design decisions can be made
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid C++ programming skills and software engineering practice. Knowledge of modern C++ is a plus
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and probability (in the context of mapping)
- Solid understanding of analytic geometry, linear algebra and numerical optimization
- Strong communication, problem-solving, task-prioritization and teamwork skills
- Experience in geometric computer vision, point cloud processing or scene reconstruction is a plus
- Experience in parallel or distributed computing is a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.