Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are seeking hands-on candidates who will be deep in code, and are strong in data structures, algorithms, analytical geometry, probability, linear algebra and modern software engineering practice to support building the maps for Argo’s self-driving cars. Since the maps by nature support many modules in the system, successful candidates are also expected to get acquainted with how the maps are consumed by the others and help make improvements in a variety of places (therefore special projects). Prior experience in self-driving or robotics applications is not required. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and validate algorithms to support robust and scalable mapping pipelines for Argo’s self-driving cars. In addition, you will also design and implement necessary metrics and tools
- Collaborate with engineers across teams to improve the maps. It requires not only how to build good maps, but also how the maps are consumed by different modules, so that sensible design decisions can be made
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid C++ programming skills and modern software engineering practice. Knowledge of modern C++ is a plus
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, analytical geometry, probability and linear algebra
- Strong communication, problem-solving, task-prioritization and teamwork skills
- Experience in computer vision, robotics and 3d reconstruction is a plus
- Experience in parallel or distributed computing is a plus
- Experience in OpenGL or any 3D graphics rendering APIs is a plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup