Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data by having cars drive on city streets and record everything the car does. The Log Apps team extracts knowledge from that data and delivers it for in-house teams to use when analyzing the fleet of cars on the road and improving our product. The team also owns significant infrastructure for creating and managing the many thousand simulations Argo executes.
What you’ll do:
- Develop services and Kubernetes jobs to expose Argo data to internal stakeholders: Machine Learning, Mapping, Labeling, Search, Triage, and Vehicle Operations
- Engage closely with internal customers and build up requirements and designs reflecting current business needs
- Design, build and operate high scale data processing systems
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in building distributed systems for highly scalable and reliable big data systems, ideally heavily utilizing open-source software components.
- Strong software skills, Java, Kotlin or Python
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, and similar products
- Broad exposure to leveraging database solutions (relational, key-value, etc) in solving complex large scale highly distributed problems
- Previous experience working in an agile software environment
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup