Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of broad vision, focus on the details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two. The platform architecture team at Argo AI is responsible for working with the broader team to develop a system-level technical plan across computing, sensing, networking, and system software that ensures that what we develop as a team comes together into a successful working system.
We are looking for an individual to put together the system bring up, verification and validation plan for Argo’s autonomous driving platform. This will include generating overall platform level test plans, setting pass/fail criteria, coming up with test infrastructure needs, and reporting overall testing status out to the broader team. This is a cross functional role working with module teams and external partners to ensure an overall test strategy and coverage of the electronics and software within the self driving system.
A successful candidate will be an expert in crafting system level V&V plans to include hardware, software and the functions that span multiple modules. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Work with both internal and external engineering teams (EE, SW, sensors) to develop the DVP&R (Design Validation Plan and Report) for Argo’s autonomous driving system
- Establish best practices for test plan creation, execution and reporting of results. Working with engineering leadership team to deploy these best practices throughout the organization
- In conjunction with the platform architecture team, link test cases to requirements, set pass/fail criteria, and refine requirements based on test outcomes
- Included in the test plan are aspects of functional testing, fault injection testing and testing corner cases such as environmental and signal integrity bounding conditions
- Work with safety engineers to create test cases and pass/fail criteria against safety requirements (e.g. ISO 26262, FMVSS 311)
- Working with the vehicle design team, create a power, thermal and environmental test plans
- Analyze overall system test plans for coverage gaps and create mitigations where gaps exist
- Work with the broader teams to execute overall system level test plans and drive toward full system test coverage
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing or validating high-performance complex systems, including the bringup and V&V of hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Ability to easily communicate V&V approach considerations and decision points to the broader engineering teamThe ability to script and automate testing with Python, CANoe, Simulink, or similar tools
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet and LIN
- The ability to put together comprehensive test reporting and report out to the broader organization
- Experience with modern V&V test planning and reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla or Polarion
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup