Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Prediction is a core technical problem for L4 self-driving vehicles and a key part of our autonomy stack. For a self-driving vehicle to navigate the world safely and efficiently, it needs to reliably infer the underlying intent of other objects (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists) by analyzing the perception data. Fundamentally, this is a machine learning problem involving multiple interacting agents subject to real-time performance constraints. We are looking for candidates with deep machine learning expertise that have built and deployed software systems to solve real world problems. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving, or robotics applications.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the component of the self driving vehicle software stack to forecast what other objects in the scene will do in conjunction with the AV
- Leading the team to advance the algorithmic performance through pragmatic and rigorous A vs B evaluations using a mix of state of the art and established techniques
- Ensure that the algorithms are integrated within our onboard infrastructure and hardware, are robustly implemented and run in real time
- Coordinate with offboard teams to select and label relevant data to improve our prediction algorithms and develop metrics by which the prediction system is evaluated
- Manage a team of ~10 engineers and researchers
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experienced software engineer working on problems with advanced algorithms or researcher with a track record of real world applications involving solid software engineering
- Strong theoretical knowledge in machine learning (both classical and deep learning)
- Preference for candidates with experience in techniques used for behavior analysis, activity recognition, intent prediction, time series forecasting and multi-agent interactions
- Proven applied machine learning skills to solve real world problems and deal with real world data
- Candidates should know how to manage datasets, analyze models and know how to improve performance through targeted data collection, data mining and/or labeling
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Proven track record of leading small teams on highly challenging machine learning problems to solve real world applications
- Knows how to recruit top software engineering talent
- Knows how to recruit top machine learning talent
- Knows how to manage and lead a strong engineering team
- Has experience with all key aspects of attracting and maintaining a strong technical team
- Knows how to work programs with aggressive schedules, how to mitigate risks while still making large technical advances
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup