Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of broad vision, focus on the details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two. We are seeking an engineering lead for our functional validation team. The functional validation team at Argo AI is responsible for ensuring a safe, compelling product by developing test plans that span the many functions and use cases of the AV system. Successful candidates will be experts in the application of systems engineering-based validation practices to modern engineered systems. They will be able to apply this expertise at both the system level and at the functional component level. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators.
What you’ll do:
- Define the direction for Argo’s functional validation team and how it develops our validation case, ensuring that we deliver a safe, reliable, compelling product
- Work with engineering leadership to develop test plans and an extensive test corpus across the various functions of the system, leveraging results from simulation, structured track testing, and fleet testing to continuously evaluate the system and construct an eventual validation case
- Work with engineering leadership to continuously expand the test corpus, actively manage test sets, evaluate tests, and interpret results, engaging directly with AV technology development in a rapid iterative process
- Establish best practices for the functional validation team and the engineering organization as whole
- Work with executives and engineering leadership to drive key cross-cutting engineering decisions
- Engage with internal and external engineering teams to bring together the big-picture validation plan through a systems engineering approach
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong record working in the field of systems engineering and/or software validation as it relates to complex engineered systems
- Strong engineering communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse team
- Strong systems engineering fundamentals
- Expertise with modern systems engineering requirements management practices
- Experience developing test plans for autonomous systems a major plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup