Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The CAVS team is responsible for Software architecture and implementation of complementary autonomous driving system at Argo AI. The team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to system design, library implementation, sensor data processing, perception and planning algorithms implementation, Hardware components communication, etc. We are looking for someone who has experience working on compute constrained platform and is good at algorithm optimization.
What you’ll do:
- Work with system, hardware and embedded teams to understand overall system architecture and requirements.
- Produce high quality, efficient and maintainable code using C++ to implement innovative solutions and integrate on automotive platforms
- Help design and maintain the base frameworks and hardware interfaces
- Develop active safety features
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong design and architecture: You must be able to understand and balance requirements in compute constrained software systems
- Deep programming skills in a major language: We work in C++17. You must be able to implement clean and efficient code and interfaces
- Ability to communicate complicated technical information: We are working on hard problems in a very fast paced team environment
- Outstanding engineering judgement: You understand how to scope solutions to produce a high volume of quality work with maximum value
- Experience with safety-critical embedded or real time systems a plus
- Experience in the Automotive Industry within Autonomous Driving Active Safety (ADAS) a plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup