Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo seeks a high-performing, detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our finance & accounting team, reporting to our Accounting Manager. This role will require a combination of operational and technical diligence and a willingness to embrace the ambiguity of a fast-growing and dynamic startup company.
What you’ll do:
- Help to execute month-end close process by preparing, reviewing and posting journal entries, account reconciliation, and variance analysis
- Structure and maintain financial policies, procedures and internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, IRS and other professional, legal and regulatory rules and standards
- Prepare and review schedules in support of external audit process and other compliance requirements
- Work with external tax firms providing support for the preparation of income, sales/use, and property tax filings
- Assist with accounting for and tracking of capital expenditures
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience, ideally a combination of Big 4 public accounting & private industry
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with SOX compliance/internal control policy and procedure
- Knowledge of international accounting challenges including foreign currency translation
- Proficiency with NetSuite, Oracle, or SAP ERP systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities; experience with G-suite tools a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management
- Must have strong analytical skills as well as the ability to research issues, prepare analysis and recommend viable solutions
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup