Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Hardware TPM team is responsible for managing the autonomous hardware program at Argo. TPMs are responsible for using the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities ranging from design to validation to build. TPMs are also responsible for managing the team’s scope, schedule, and budget. Argo hires TPMs with strong engineering skills so we can empower TPMS to influence major engineering decisions. TPMs also manage program risk, communication, and documentation. TPMs work with a variety of internal staff and external partners to deliver safe, scalable hardware systems. The Technical Program Manager, Hardware role combines some of the responsibilities of a Technical Program Manager with some of the responsibilities of a Systems Engineer and Product Engineer. We look for engineers who can tackle a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that Argo delivers safe, functional, reliable, and efficient hardware systems.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for coordinating both internal and external design activities for a given module. This would include delivering the scope, plans, timing, communications, and risk mitigation for a module
- Help to develop the requirements, architecture, simulation, design, prototyping, test, integration, and delivery of hardware systems
- Work in tight conjunction with contract engineering partners, contract manufacturing partners, Product Design Engineers, System Engineers, Technical Program Managers, and others
- Current opportunities include work on sensors, computers, positioning, vehicle integration, and more
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with cross functional development teams to coordinate the entire product development lifecycle. This includes developing product design requirements, completing Failure Mode Avoidance (FMEA,Boundary Diagrams, Interface Analysis, etc) studies, completing FTA studies, conducting trade studies, evaluating prototype designs, executing design analysis / simulation, writing design qualification test plans, executing detailed verification / validation test programs, debugging design failures, deploying designs to mass production, constantly influencing product design decisions and ensuring the HW meets functional safety requirements
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Experience in functional testing and qualification of complex electromechanical systems
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc
- Skill developing detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Skill leading both internal design activities and outsourced design activities
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Prefer candidates with experience in both prototype product development and large volume automated manufacturing
- Prefer candidates with experience in automotive and/or robotics engineering
Additional Requirements: Occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.