Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Hardware Engineering Compute team at Argo is responsible for developing and delivering, high-performance computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Working closely with systems and software engineering teams, the Compute team architects, designs, integrates, and tests the computing hardware which executes Argo’s autonomy software. The Engineering Manager, Hardware Compute will lead this multidisciplinary team to actualize the hardware designs and bring them into production.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team to deliver Argo’s custom computing hardware for our fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Drive technical initiatives for our in-vehicle computing systems across Argo
- Work across multiple domains including electronics, software, packaging, and vehicle integration
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineering leaders to develop integrated sensing and computing systems for autonomous vehicles
- Responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, team status reporting, etc.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing highly diverse teams of engineers to develop high-performance computing systems
- Experience in the design and test of complex electronic systems at both component and module levels
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup