Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Machine learning, more specifically deep learning algorithms (detection, segmentation, and fusion tasks) are one of the main challenges for self-driving vehicles and a key part of our autonomy stack. Self-driving cars need to perceive objects and actors around the vehicle to make the correct decisions. The implementation must meet rigorous real time constraints and reliably report detections in 2D or 3D spaces. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software. So this position is as much a software challenge as it is a core algorithm challenge.
- Develop code, safety-quality high performance software, and machine learning algorithms to support the innovation of self-driving vehicles
- Develop core models used for scene understanding that are front and center in the perception pipeline
- Research projects improving not only our current image space but also radar, LiDAR space detection algorithms, and best methods to fuse together to improve performance
- Turn algorithm exploration that performs best on rigorous and pragmatic A vs B experiments evaluated extensively on data into models/software running on the vehicle
- Work with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our supervised training
- Work with label tooling team to adjust labeling policies and approaches to obtain the best label set needed
- Develop production quality code and own algorithms from design to production
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field together with five (5) years of experience in a related position
- Will also accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field together with seven (7) years of experience in a related position
- Previous work experience or academic coursework must have included: software engineering using C++ or python; experience developing and implementing detection algorithms, including Classification, Scene Understanding, and Object Detection Classes; experience incorporating machine learning and computer vision for real world applications; experience with Mxnet, caffe, or tensorflow
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup