Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Robotics infrastructure team owns the entire onboard code… except the algorithms! Our main area of interest is the architecture of the onboard pipelines and theirs underlying APIs. Some examples of our challenges: Are the pipelines robust and easy to use for the onboard teams? Can we meet real-time on the onboard stack or do we need to further optimize core libraries or operations? What type of compute hardware do we need? How can we make a specific subsystem or onboard execute algorithms faster on target hardware?
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 5 to 7 people focused on onboard high level C++ library support
- Help the onboard teams to translate their ideas into reality on the vehicle (architecture, sizing, etc)
- Develop high level APIs and libraries for the onboard teams algorithms to rely on (high level as inference algorithm, robotic data structures, etc)
- Improve the overall latency of the system to improve its safety
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills, preferably in C++
- Good leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong or good intuition about software design, systems and architecture
- Familiarity with compilers, embedded and/or coming from industries like high frequency trading, game engines, real time systems desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup