Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode lidar system enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and higher performance autonomous perception systems
Our lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars.
The electronics platform links the lasers, sensors, optics, and processing sub-assemblies together into a coherent high performance electrical system. Because of the integrated nature of this design, you will regularly interface with cross-functional engineers to design within the constraints and performance requirements of the lidar and autonomy system.
What you’ll do:
- Develop analog, mixed signal technologies, and high-speed digital electronic circuits for automotive lidar
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, circuit analysis, and simulation of designs
- Work with component manufacturers and vendors on new and existing technology for integration into designs
- Work with PCB designers to meet performance, mechanical, thermal and reliability requirements
- Test and characterize prototype assemblies for designed functionality and performance
- Support system integration and testing
- Work with contract manufacturers in support of engineering and design transfer to volume production
- Develop concise documentation of designs, test plans, test results and analysis
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong history of industry experience in product design including recent experience owning & delivering on the full lifecycle of a product development; from initial requirements generation, prototyping and troubleshooting, through transfer to contract manufacturing in a fast paced environment.
- Strong PCB schematic and layout design skills, including mixed signal and high-speed design. Preference for candidates with working experience in the Altium Designer toolset
- Working knowledge of standard bench equipment; oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience developing complex hardware systems in automotive and robotics, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical or similar industries
- Experience with digital communication protocols
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams.
- Experience with electromechanical components or sensors
- Prefer experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of complex systems
- Prefer experience with design-in of FPGAs, microprocessors, or other complex digital ICs
- Prefer experience with PLM, PDM, ECO, and BOM tools and processes
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.