Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Lidar-based sensing drives many of the technical approaches to challenges for L4 self-driving vehicles, and forms a key part of our autonomy stack. Self-driving cars can use Lidar data for localization, obstacle detection, and detecting actors in the environment. The implementation must meet rigorous real-time constraints while building rich models of the geometric state of the world. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software. This position requires both strong algorithmic fundamentals and solid software engineering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Implement libraries, algorithms, and tools for processing Lidar data to push the state-of-the-art in obstacle detection, object tracking, and related perception challenges
- Test and field these algorithms for real-time operation on autonomous vehicles at scale in challenging environments
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate development of perception capabilities
- Coordinate with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our tracking algorithms and develop metrics by which the tracking system is evaluated
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills using C++ in real-time, computationally efficient systems are required. If the candidate is not already an expert in C++, a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge in this language is required
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of point cloud or Lidar based algorithms such as segmentation, localization, filtering, surface estimation/fitting, and interpolation/extrapolation
- Theoretical knowledge of detection, segmentation, obstacle detection, graphical methods, probabilistic algorithms or optimization
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup