Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The PCB Designer will work with Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers across the entire Hardware Engineering team. PCB Designers are responsible for creating PCB layouts based on schematics provided by Electrical Engineers, as well as assisting with component library management and component creation. Current opportunities including working on designs for LiDAR, computers, sensors, and test/evaluation systems.
What you’ll do:
- Perform component placement, PCB layout, and design reviews for PCBA projects
- Manage component library for a small team of electrical engineers, including creating and reviewing footprints and symbols
- Take ownership of design data management system and make decisions regarding its direction
- Interface with mechanical engineering team on component placement, MCAD generation, thermal design
- Generate manufacturing documentation and bill of materials to release designs to contract manufacturers
- Communicate with contract manufacturers regarding the fabrication and assembly of PCBAs
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Self-motivated and independent contributor that can support multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of basic electrical/electronic concepts necessary for PCB design success
- Experience with high speed digital routing of interfaces such as DDR4, 10G Ethernet, PCI Express Gen 3 or 4, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced PCB technologies such as HDI, via in pad, BGA routing, material selection, etc.
- Familiarity with industry standard ECAD tools (Altium Designer/Nexus, Cadence Allegro, Mentor Expedition), preferred Altium Designer/Nexus
- Experience with managing PCB design and manufacturing data over product life cycle including revision and variant control
- Design for Manufacture, Design for Assembly, Design for Electromagnetic compatibility
- Familiarity with IPC standards and guidelines
- Experience with Solidworks, Autocad, and/or Catia beneficial but not required
- Experience with power and signal integrity simulation beneficial but not required
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup