Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo AI prediction team is responsible for developing algorithms and code to allow an autonomous vehicle to understand its world. The prediction team analyzes the output generated by the perception team and anticipates what will happen next. Prediction is tightly coupled with the motion planning team.
What you'll do:
- Ideal candidates will be experienced software engineers who code algorithms in C++, SSE, CUDA, and/or OpenCL to enable real-time processing of data to improve our self-driving cars' ability to navigate urban environments
- Your work will be essential to fielding these vehicles and you will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle
- You will have significant cross functional responsibilities between perception and motion planning and participate in discussions and brainstorming
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong background developing with C++ including the use of templates, multiple-inheritance and abstract classes
- Significant experience optimizing code to be both compute and memory efficient
- Software system architecture design
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
- Knowledgeable in area pertaining to prediction such as statistics, machine learning for classification and regression, time series forecasting and reinforcement learning
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup