Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI prediction team is responsible for developing algorithms and code to allow an autonomous vehicle to understand its world. The prediction team analyzes the output generated by the perception team and anticipates what will happen next. Prediction is tightly coupled with the motion planning team.
What you'll do:
- Ideal candidates will be experienced software engineers who code algorithms in C++, SSE, CUDA, and/or OpenCL to enable real-time processing of data to improve our self-driving cars' ability to navigate urban environments
- Your work will be essential to fielding these vehicles and you will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle
- You will have significant cross functional responsibilities between perception and motion planning and participate in discussions and brainstorming
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong background developing with C++ including the use of templates, multiple-inheritance and abstract classes
- Significant experience optimizing code to be both compute and memory efficient
- Software system architecture design
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
- Knowledgeable in area pertaining to prediction such as statistics, machine learning for classification and regression, time series forecasting and reinforcement learning
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.