Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding and passion for board-level software integration on custom hardware platforms. As a BSP engineer on the Platform and Test Tools team, you will be responsible for design, development and integration of software packages with Argo's sensing and computing hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with hardware engineers, software engineers and our operations team to build a world class autonomous vehicle
- Design and integrate software packages for our hardware platforms, including operating systems, drivers, and supporting software infrastructure
- Conduct trade-off analyses and benchmarking exercises to influence future system architectures
- Develop plans, procedures, and other documentation required for integrating software modules into our self-driving ecosystem
- Become a “go-to” resource for both hardware and software engineers as sophisticated software systems are integrated on the base software platform developed by our team
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills with a background in C or C++
- Experience developing and testing highly complex embedded systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Expertise with a wide range of computing architectures (SoC, MCU, CPU, GPU, FPGA)
- Significant experience developing and maintaining board support packages (BSPs) for a variety of embedded devices
- Strong knowledge and applied skills with operating systems, including OS internals and associated tools and libraries for developing, debugging, and testing complex software systems (Linux including Ubuntu/Yocto/OpenEmbedded; QNX or similar RTOS)
- Experience with a wide variety of communication protocols used in systems for embedded, robotics, automotive or similar industries (Ethernet, PCIe, USB, CAN, SPI, I2C, MIPI, LVDS)
- Ability to bring-up, test, and validate software systems at module and PCBA-level, working closely with hardware engineering teams
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup