Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Vehicle Operations' essential function at Argo is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering teams. Vehicle Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. Today’s autonomous vehicles require a unique prior map of the world they are operating within for everything from navigation to context of the environment around them. It’s Vehicle Operations role to collect the initial map data and then continuously QA those maps once they are complete.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement map production policy and documentation across a group of map production editors
- Develop and implement map production training programs for new and existing staff
- Coordinate with software engineering teams to test and validate new software updates and develop and present associated training material to map production editors
- Manage training program for map editors to ensure complete talent profile across the group
- Define, develop, and present key organizational and department metrics related to team performance
- Coordinate and implement continuous improvement initiatives across the map production workflow
What we’re looking for:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study or 5 years of related experience
- Previous GIS or map field work background
- Previous experience in developing professional training material and associated curriculum
- Detail oriented/good organizational skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Willingness to travel to various operating areas
- Proven track record of delivering high priority assignments efficiently
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup