Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode LiDAR enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means is a more capable sensor that enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
What you'll do:
- Architect and develop cutting edge software for both vehicle and large scale cloud simulation applications
- Implement efficient code that meets the company’s low latency and high throughput requirements of rapidly processing large quantities of data accurately while limiting its computer hardware needs
- Ensure that software developed is verifiable and maintainable throughout the lifetime of the product
- Optimize geometric computer vision algorithms for the graphics processing unit (GPU)
- Develop and test on-vehicle tasks running the geometric computer vision algorithms
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the general GPU pipeline
- Contribute to the optimization of central processing unit (CPU) based software
- Serve as a leader within the department by reviewing work and coaching team members to achieve optimization goals
What we're looking for:
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field together with two (2) years of experience in a related position
- Will also accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field together with four (4) years of experience in a related position
- Previous work experience or academic coursework must have included:
- Experience developing software with C++, including the use of templates, multiple-inheritance, and abstract classes and knowledge of the trade-offs for optimization
- Experience optimizing code to be both computer and memory efficient
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL and/or SSE programming
- Experience with software system architecture design; experience implementing computer vision algorithms
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup