Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about building core software infrastructure to enable rapid and robust advancement of our autonomy system. Engineers on the robotics infrastructure team are passionate about building performance high reliability software systems.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for independent design and implementation of large core pieces of our software systems, with a focus on hardware interfacing, system optimization, and performance critical middleware systems
- Serve as a senior contributor and play a key role in defining technology, engineering culture and best practices for the Vehicle Core Infrastructure team
- Lead the implementation of on-vehicle robotics infrastructure and engineering tooling in C++ and Python
- Design documentation and architecture for new and replacement middleware components
- Lead maintenance and feature implementation for existing software modules
- Serve as a technical mentor within the department by reviewing work and coaching team members to achieve goals
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field together with seven (7) years of experience in a related position
- Will also accept a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field together with five (5) years of experience in a related position
- Previous work experience or academic coursework must have included: experience with software engineering fundamentals, including programming in C++; experience in the design and architecture of complex software systems; experience in development, profiling, and optimization with performance critical software in Linux environments; and knowledge of file systems, networking, and operating systems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup