Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Platform Test Engineering team is responsible for performing vehicle level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on actuation, sensing, and on-board infrastructure. The Platform Test Engineering team interacts on a daily basis with our software and hardware development teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs for inclusion on our fleet of self-driving vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Work with systems engineers to develop test plans that adequately evaluate system components against requirements spanning multiple generations of vehicle builds
- Work with the integration, reliability, and service teams to maintain vehicle quality across multiple generations of vehicle builds
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop appropriate means to perform testing, including specific test software, hardware, interfaces, and instrumentation
- Troubleshoot, communicate, and document problems with software and hardware
- Plan, coordinate, and execute tests on various hardware and software components and systems with an emphasis on safe, effective, and efficient testing
- Collect, analyze and report test outcomes
- Perform technical duties to set-up special equipment, sensors, and logging capabilities as required
- Ensure software configuration and manage software releases on -tested vehicles
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience in a relevant technical area (electrical engineering, software development, etc)
- Software language skills including C++ and Python; Windows and Linux OS; Matlab
- Experience working in a testing environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Prefer experience developing and/or testing SW for autonomous systems
- Prefer experience with bug tracking system (Jira or equivalent)
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup