Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The C++ Code Health Team owns all things C++ for our on vehicle code! The code that runs on our vehicles has strict safety and latency requirements that our autonomy teams need help meeting. This team’s responsibilities include, management of our C++ toolchains, development of large scale refactoring tools, development of a core C++ library, and ownership of autonomy specific static analysis checks. Some examples of our challenges: Is there a common anti-pattern in the codebase? Would a new library or upcoming language feature give the teams a better alternative? How can we implement a better alternative and carry out a large scale refactor throughout the codebase? What custom static analysis checks can be added to prevent the anti-pattern from occurring again?
What you’ll do:
- Develop high quality C++ library code
- Help execute large scale refactors throughout the codebase
- Implement custom static analysis checks for our on vehicle code
- Help manage our C++ Toolchain
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Hands-on experience in C++ software design, development, and maintenance
- A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Developer with a passion for clean code and disseminating best practices
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Experience developing clang based static analysis and refactoring tooling are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup