Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The C++ Code Health Team owns all things C++ for our on vehicle code! The code that runs on our vehicles has strict safety and latency requirements that our autonomy teams need help meeting. This team’s responsibilities include, management of our C++ toolchains, development of large scale refactoring tools, development of a core C++ library, and ownership of autonomy specific static analysis checks. Some examples of our challenges: Is there a common anti-pattern in the codebase? Would a new library or upcoming language feature give the teams a better alternative? How can we implement a better alternative and carry out a large scale refactor throughout the codebase? What custom static analysis checks can be added to prevent the anti-pattern from occurring again?
What you’ll do:
- Develop high quality C++ library code
- Help execute large scale refactors throughout the codebase
- Implement custom static analysis checks for our on vehicle code
- Help manage our C++ Toolchain
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Hands-on experience in C++ software design, development, and maintenance
- A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Developer with a passion for clean code and disseminating best practices
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Experience developing clang based static analysis and refactoring tooling are desired
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.