Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Embedded Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Embedded Software Engineers work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements and software architecture for our embedded systems. They write and test software for microcontrollers and system-on-chip (SoC) devices in the vehicle as well as conduct system integration validation testing with their peers.
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured modular test designs, test plans, and test cases
- Responsible for development and execution of automated tests on embedded systems, hardware-in-loop systems as well as autonomous vehicle platforms
- Design, develop and maintain test software for manufacturing
- Interface with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to identify systems interactions that must be considered for testing
- Provide insight into appropriate testing methodologies, tools, and harnesses
- Quantify test results and specify quality metrics
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems
- Strong Python programming skills for developing and automating software and hardware tests
- C programming skills applied to embedded Microcontroller/Microprocessor targets
- Experience in software development for embedded devices
- Experience with debugging tools and methods for embedded targets
- Experience with ISO 26262 testing processes, such as software unit and integration verification testing, is a plus
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup