Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Precise calibration is a core technical problem for L4 self-driving vehicles, one that affects every part of the autonomy stack. Calibration team works at the intersection of software and hardware and is responsible for the development of algorithms and software for lidar, camera, radar and IMU calibration. As a member of the calibration team you get to work on algorithms which calibrate the sensors with high accuracy, high throughput and small physical footprint with an impact on a range of perception tasks from localization to tracking.
What you’ll do:
- As a full-time engineer you will be working on algorithms, software and processes for calibrating intrinsics and extrinsics of multiple sensor modalities across generations of vehicle platforms
- You will be working with customers of calibration to validate the quality of calibration and deploy calibration processes
- You will be developing metrics and tools for online validation of the calibration quality
- Your work will be incorporated in production at scale with direct impact on quality and cost of calibration
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Fundamental knowledge of computer vision areas: Image processing, pose estimation, calibration, structure from motion, optical flow, stereo vision
- Knowledge/experience in image formation, HDR imaging, and camera integration are a plus
- Strong software engineering and C++ skills are required
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, optimization and numerical methods are desired
- Good communications skills and strong desire to take ownership of all aspects of a problem and work cross-functionally to deliver quality solutions
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup