Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo Lidar team is developing Geiger-mode lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and higher performing autonomous systems.
Our lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars.
What you’ll do:
- Fill a newly defined role managing teams working in domains including requirements definition, architecture design, system simulation, verification testing, validation testing, resource budget management, performance analysis, etc
- Responsible for ensuring the personnel and program success of Argo’s lidar systems engineering
- Responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, team status reporting, prioritizing resources, etc
- Establish best practices for the systems engineering team and the engineering organization as whole
- Work with executives and engineering leadership to drive key cross-cutting engineering decisions
- Engage with internal and external engineering teams to bring together the big-picture technical plan through a systems engineering approach
- Lead a team to dive deep into the details of cross-cutting engineering issues, spanning across hardware, software, business, and operations considerations
- Lead the strategy and execution for a collection of mission critical engineering activities
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience working with cross functional teams to develop complex electromechanical systems
- A hyper-organized mindset and an ability to cover highly complex interdependent development programs
- Strong experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- A proven record of success providing leadership to drive system and component level engineering decisions
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Hands on design experience in multiple engineering domains such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, semiconductor engineering, systems engineering, and / or manufacturing engineering
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential
- Prefer candidates with experience in both managing programs designing for quick iteration prototyping and designing for large volume automated manufacturing
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup