Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Perception is a key problem for self-driving vehicles, where cars without human drivers need to perceive objects and actors around the vehicle to make the correct decisions. The implementation must meet rigorous real time constraints and reliably report detections in 2D or 3D spaces. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software.
Deep learning algorithms power modern perception pipelines. We seek hands-on candidates who have experience building and deploying highly performant machine learning computer vision pipelines for real-time detection. The ideal candidate has strong software engineering skills and has applied this knowledge to deep learning pipelines running on GPUs. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving or robotics applications.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implementation of autonomous driving software to run machine learning algorithms in a real-time environment
- Work with the broader team to integrate productionized deep networks onto the vehicle to meet quality and run-time performance targets
- Improve latency of perception algorithms to contribute to safety and reliability
- Provide guidance on strategies to productionize cutting-edge networks for use in our on-vehicle perception stack
- Contribute to visualization software to make vehicle behavior transparent to operators
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills are required, preferably in C++
- Strong desire for candidates with hands-on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Experience with GPU, CUDA, OpenCL or SIMD is desirable
- Experience with real product delivery, real-time systems, game engines or similar real systems is strongly desired
- Practical experience with deep neural networks, inference, and training is desirable
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.