Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Perception is a key problem for self-driving vehicles, where cars without human drivers need to perceive objects and actors around the vehicle to make the correct decisions. The implementation must meet rigorous real time constraints and reliably report detections in 2D or 3D spaces. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software.
Deep learning algorithms power modern perception pipelines. We seek hands-on candidates who have experience building and deploying highly performant machine learning computer vision pipelines for real-time detection. The ideal candidate has strong software engineering skills and has applied this knowledge to deep learning pipelines running on GPUs. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving or robotics applications.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implementation of autonomous driving software to run machine learning algorithms in a real-time environment
- Work with the broader team to integrate productionized deep networks onto the vehicle to meet quality and run-time performance targets
- Improve latency of perception algorithms to contribute to safety and reliability
- Provide guidance on strategies to productionize cutting-edge networks for use in our on-vehicle perception stack
- Contribute to visualization software to make vehicle behavior transparent to operators
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills are required, preferably in C++
- Strong desire for candidates with hands-on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Experience with GPU, CUDA, OpenCL or SIMD is desirable
- Experience with real product delivery, real-time systems, game engines or similar real systems is strongly desired
- Practical experience with deep neural networks, inference, and training is desirable
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup