Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. Engineers on the Visualization team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
The Visualization team is responsible for the applications and frameworks that visualize large amount of data (camera, LiDAR, radar etc). Our products are deployed in the vehicle to deliver a great passenger experience, to vehicle operations to support remote operations and our frameworks are used by engineers across the company to increase productivity during the development process.
Experience shipping end user products, customer focus, a passion for great user experiences and experience with OpenGL are highly desired.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain passenger displays necessary to deliver a great passenger experience
- Deliver remote operations tools that will be used to support the operational fleet
- Provide a visualization framework, rendering engine and associated applications that can be leveraged by other teams to support their visualization needs during the development process as well as for inspecting and authoring data
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Visualization team and other teams that use the Visualization platform
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Experience with modern design architectural patterns for user interfaces is required
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base
- OpenGL experience is strongly desired — although experience with any real time rendering API is helpful
- Qt experience is strongly desired -- although strong software engineers familiar with similar toolkits will certainly be considered
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup