Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of broad vision, focus on the details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two. The platform architecture team at Argo AI is responsible for working with the broader team to develop a system-level technical plan across computing, sensing, networking, and system software that ensures that what we develop as a team comes together into a successful system. Successful candidates will be experts in the development of practical autonomous systems and modern systems engineering practices. They will be able to apply this expertise to both the hardware and software components of the system. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators.
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineering teams to develop requirements, architectures, and execution plans for the technologies that support safe, reliable, autonomous transportation
- Establish best practices for the systems engineering team and the engineering organization as whole
- Work with engineering leadership to drive key cross-cutting engineering decisions
- Engage with internal and external engineering teams to bring together the big-picture technical plan through a systems engineering approach
- Work with our partners to develop deliverables, system designs, requirements, and test plans
- Lead cross-functional teams to dive deep into the details of cross-cutting engineering issues, spanning across hardware, software, business, and operations considerations
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong record of engineering leadership in developing integrated, state-of-the-art computing platforms
- Ability to easily communicate design considerations and decision points both at an engineering level and to C-level executives
- Ability to influence the direction of a large engineering organization toward high-level goals
- Strong systems engineering and computer engineering fundamentals
- Experience developing high-performance robotic systems, including the specification of hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Experience with modern systems engineering requirements management practices
- Experience documenting designs through UML, SysML or other model-based environment
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup