Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Embedded Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Embedded Software Engineers work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements and software architecture for our embedded systems. As one of the technical leads for Embedded Software Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring the team as well as providing technical guidance in the architecture and design of embedded systems.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver safety critical embedded software in a robotics and automotive environment
- Design software architectures and guide implementations for embedded systems
- Drive technical initiatives in one or more of the following areas: sensor processing and control, vehicle actuation, and system diagnostics and monitoring
- Work with Software Engineers across Argo AI to integrate embedded systems into the autonomy software stack
- Responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, team status reporting etc
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing a team of engineers to build embedded systems
- Experience in software development for embedded devices including memory-constrained environments
- Strong C/C++ programming skills applied to embedded microcontroller/microprocessor targets
- Experience with communication protocols used in embedded, robotics and automotive industries
- Ability to understand PCB schematic and layout documents
- Experience with debugging tools and methods for embedded targets
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup