Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. We seek strong candidates with experience in sensor fusion, and particularly with radar, for our tracking team. Tracking is the core of perception where multimodal detection data is integrated to make sense of the ever changing world around the Autonomous Vehicle (AV).
The Radar Software Engineering role supports the entire radar pipeline from characterizing the physical characteristics of different radars to algorithmic development to make autonomous vehicles smarter & safer under various challenging scenarios, e.g., poor lighting, severe weather, long distance, etc. Moreover, the candidate will work deeply with the rest of the tracking team to fuse radar data with other sensory modalities to ensure the perception system generates a precise, temporally consistent representation of the environment.
What you'll do:
- Radar is critical to autonomous driving. You will develop core algorithm and software modules for the radar pipeline, from frontend raw data processing to backend fusion with other sensor modalities
- Your work will be essential to fielding these vehicles and you will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback, and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle
- You will be part of a broader perception team and will participate in discussions and brainstorming
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field (MSc/PhD preferred)
- Knowledgeable in areas pertaining to radar: signal processing, range/Doppler/angle estimation, ambiguity function, undersampling, multipath modeling, frequency modulation, radio interference mitigation, data filtering, time synchronization, etc
- Hand-on experience on automotive radar data analysis, e.g., radar data interpretation, outlier analysis & removal, data uncertainty modeling, false alarm detection, radar data labelling, system diagnostics, etc
- Experience on sensor fusion, e.g., robust state estimation and tracking ( EKF, UKF, PF), data association, numerical optimization techniques, 2D/3D geometry, robotics, etc
- Knowledge of the advantages and limitations of each sensor modality used by autonomous vehicles
- Strong software engineering skills. Experience with C++ is required and modern C++ knowledge is strongly desired
- Significant experience optimizing code to be both compute and memory efficient
- Experience with software system architecture design, particularly for real-time applications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
- Experience developing, and evaluating real time radar tracking systems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup